Today you’re going to learn how to build high quality backlinks. Specifically, I’m going to show you 7 strategies that are working GREAT in 2018.
Let’s jump right into the strategies…
- 1. Publish Content
- 2. Become a Source For Reporters and Bloggers (HARO)
- 3. Build Links From Outdated Resources
- 4. Stop Guessing. Use Content Formats PROVEN To Generate Links and Social Shares
- 5. Want High Quality Back links? Publish Ultimate Guides
- 6. Use Branded Strategies and Techniques
- 7. Authority Resource Pages
- Bonus Strategy #1: Turn Brand Mentions Into Quality Back links
- Bonus Strategy #2: Send “Feeler” Emails
1. Publish Content
I’ve used content to build links from authority sites like Entrepreneur.com:
And I even got a link from the GoDaddy blog:
Yes, you have probably noticed that all are linked to the same content: SEO Tools: the complete list. Well, my list of SEO tools is a piece of content.
And that page has generated MANY backlinks. But more important than that, as you just saw, many of those links are quality backlinks from authority sites ….
The question is:
How can you do the same thing?
Here’s the step-by-step process:
First, find a piece of content in your industry that’s already performed well (in terms of links).
The easiest way to do that?
A simple Google search.
Just search for your keyword…
So if a piece of content is ranking on the first page, you KNOW that lots of people have linked to it.
That’s step #1.
Next, create a piece of content that’s 5-10x better than what you just found.
For example, last year I noticed that most of SEO tools lists out there were “meh”.
So I decided to create something that 10x better.
SEO Tools: The Complete List.
Unlike most other list of SEO tools, this post contained every tool on the market (over 180 tools!).
Was this piece of content easy to make?
But it was worth it. To date, my SEO tools list has been shared on social media over 18,000 times…